Just once, I’d like to see one of the Left actually try to run the ongoing Presidential campaign on their actual record.
Hmmm. Let’s try another list:
- Budget & Economy: 17% unemployment, nationalizing General Motors and firing the CEO
- Crime: Covert gun-control policy, Project GUNRUNNER, Eric Holder
- Education: “Race to the Top”, Arne Duncan
- Energy: Green jobs that cost $1.6 Million, Sky-high gas prices, illegal drilling moratoria
- Foreign Policy: Bowing to enemies, insulting Great Britain and Israel, downgrading the “War on Terror”, Al-Arabiya interview
- Health Care: Obamacare
- Immigration: Arizona lawsuit, DREAM act, amnesty
- Labor: NLRB problems, Boeing trying to open plant in North Carolina, Wisconsin
- National defense: Iranian and North Korean nuclear proliferation, large defense budget cuts, Chinese expansionism
- Principles and Values: Bill Ayres, ACORN, Vilification of opposing viewpoints, family issues (Uncle, mother, brother in hut), Racism
To be sure, there have been a few successes, but the weaknesses are so strong and in so many policy areas, that they don’t even begin to offset.
I guess that explains why Democrats are not running on their record, instead simply choosing to demonize their opponents…